Best Yoga Wheel [2019 Review]
You love yoga and want to take your daily asanas to a new level? Or are you a beginner and you want to slowly and with assistance to certain exercises? Then the Yoga Wheel is exactly the right yoga accessory for you!
Here you can find all information about the Yoga Wheel. Materials used, the presentation of different manufacturers, where you should buy a yoga wheel best, as well as the most popular yoga exercises with the bike and videos with instructions for doing so.
- The Yoga Wheel Rad has only been available at the US market since 2014. It is a circular sports equipment, which consists of easy-care and durable materials and is extremely robust and stable.
- In various yoga exercises as well as fitness and stretching exercises, the yoga wheel can be used perfectly. It helps to strengthen the back, chest, and shoulder, while at the same time acting gently on the joints.
- A yoga wheel can be made of wood or plastic. The outdoor area is often equipped with an anti-slip material, which ensures that the wheel does not slip during the various exercises and thus provides the trainee with sufficient stability.
The Yoga Wheel Rad has only been available on the US market for a few years, with the Yoga Rad range has grown enormously since then. Our Yoga Wheel Comparison test provides an overview of their features and uses and helps to find the very personal Yoga Wheel Wheel test winner for themselves.
What is a Yoga Wheel?
Yoga is a sport that can be found in almost every gym and is an indispensable part of it. It combines health and fitness as well as relaxation and graceful body postures. Harmony is a top priority because it enhances the quality of life, provides balance and gives the body energy. As a rule, yoga does not require any fitness equipment to perform all the exercises. Nevertheless, there is an aid since 2014, which can be perfectly integrated into yoga. The Yoga Wheel has the shape of a wheel and helps with various yoga exercises. The advantages of a yoga wheel are particularly evident in the case of back flexes in the form of a bridge, shoulder and chest exercises and balance exercises. The practical fitness device is available in both wood and plastic. Both materials can be used excellently so that the selection depends more on personal taste.
How to Use a Yoga Wheel?
How do I use a yoga wheel? Since it was invented by two yoga teachers, it is intended primarily for the use of yoga postures, asanas. It is used to make certain balance positions easier. It helps in stretching the thigh muscles and hip. Also, it helps a lot with chest, shoulder and back opening.
Many yoga positions are supported with the help of the wheel, which creates relief for beginners. For advanced users, it is perfect for optimizing and expanding your Yoga-Routine. It is suitable for all yoga levels and requires no prior knowledge.
Exercises can be modified with the wheel and thus his training can be made more varied. But not only that. The Yoga Wheel can also be used for other balance or strength exercises. For example, using Pilates exercises makes sense. If you use the wheel for “rolling”, it helps with back tension and relieves the shoulder muscles.
Yoga is a minimalist sport that gets by with little to no help. Adapted to the yoga wheel is a very simple yoga accessory.
What are the Benefits of the Yoga Wheel?
With the help of the bike, beginners can approach difficult jobs. For example, backbends me the bike easily. Advanced students, on the other hand, can deepen the positions and execute them with perfection.
Benefits for all Yoga Wheel users are: Improving balance as a whole. Increasing flexibility and strengthening the entire musculature. Enrichment of the training by more variations of the exercises. Expanding the dynamics of movement and deepening your breathing. Release of tension and comfortable stretching of all muscles and tendons.
Yoga Wheel Manufacturers
The yoga wheel as yoga equipment is just as much in America as the yoga mat. This trend is also emerging in Germany. More and more teachers use this tool.
Meanwhile, there are some manufacturers, of course, from the US and China, but also Germany and Austria, there is already a provider. The selection is accordingly large. Therefore, here is an overview of qualitative manufacturers and offers.
Yoga Wheel – Buy YoWhee
YoWhee® Yoga Wheel – The vegan ÖKO bike “Made in Austria”
Another ecological yoga wheel model is available from YoWhee® from Austria. It is also handmade. All wheels are VEGAN and are made of sorted, unplasticized PVC and therefore 100% recyclable.
This model weighs about 3 kg and very stable. The wooden variant weighs only about 2 kilos.
MyYogaWheels – great color choices and accessories
The provider of MyYogaWheels comes from the UK and has the widest selection of wheels. At least as far as the choice of colors and the accessories are concerned. The exact production location is not obvious at first glance. But every wheel is handpicked before shipping in the UK and tested for the right quality.
The wheels are all 33 cm in diameter and 13 cm wide. On the outside of the wheel is an eco-friendly TPE yoga mat rubber, which prevents slippage of the wheel and on the bike.
Hoopomania Yoga Wheel
The Yoga Wheel by Hoopomania is one of the cheaper bikes among the suppliers.
It weighs only 1.4 kilos and has a diameter of 33 cm. The contact surface is a good 13 cm wide. The processed material is ABS and TPE.
The skin-friendly rubber on the outside ensures a secure hold during exercises.
ResultSport Yoga Bike with Instructions eBook
The manufacturer resultsport® also offers a tutorial eBook to a quality yoga wheel. This is handy because that saves the laborious and sometimes lengthy search on the Internet for the right yoga exercise.
This bike can carry up to 150 kilos, so two moderately difficult people could easily stand on this. The diameter is, as in the majority 32 cm.
Karma Yoga Wheel – “Made in Germany”
The Karma Yoga Wheel is probably the authentic yoga wheel on the market. Why? It is made from a natural product, resistant plywood, sealed with food-grade oil. It is handmade in Germany.
The 100% biological material as well as the multiple hands sanded surface feels high quality, very pleasant and naturally in contact with the skin. Allergic reactions such as inferior plastic do not occur here.
Yoga Wheel Comparison and Differences
As the presentation of the various yoga wheel manufacturers shows, the choice is great, as well as the quality differences.
To get an even better overview of the pros and cons as well as prices and differences, take a look at the comparison chart in the Yoga Rad Comparison!
Critical Purchase Criteria for a Yoga Wheel
Yoga has become a trend sport in recent years and provides enthusiasm for young and old. A practical tool has become the Yoga Wheel, as this can be very helpful in difficult exercises. The yoga wheel range has become relatively large in recent years, so it’s not always easy to find the right yoga wheel for you. So that the decision in the search is a bit easier, our Yoga Wheel Comparison offers an overview of the most important purchase criteria:
- Description – Similar to a gymnastic ball, it is important for the Yoga Wheel not to exceed the permissible load limit. Not all wheels are equally resilient in weight, so in any case, the recommendation should be followed by the manufacturer. In this way, the fun with the yoga wheel is maintained and the risk of injury is reduced.
- Material – A yoga wheel is available in the versions of plastic and wood. Both materials are characterized by excellent quality. The wheels are sturdy and robust and can be used in many ways. The outer surface is usually coated with non-slip TPE so that the Yoga wheel does not slip away during the various exercises and has a firm grip on the floor.
- Size – The diameter of a yoga wheel is usually about 33 inches. For optimal and adapted training is possible, a maximum height of 1.80 meters should not be exceeded. Only very rarely are yoga wheels with a diameter of 36 centimeters and accordingly usable for people larger than 1.80 meters.
- Practical Accessories – A yoga wheel is mostly not used daily. To keep it practical and neat, there are matching tote bags. Not all manufacturers offer the practical carrying case included with the package, so it should often be purchased as an option when regular transport from the yoga wheel is required.
Comments are closed